Want to work for one of the most trusted companies in the beef business? One World Beef is looking for experienced, motivated individuals to join their team of industry experts. Please find our available positions below. We look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team!
General Manager (Buena Park)
One World Meat Company is seeking a General Manager for its Buena Park location.
The primary purpose of this position is the overall management and performance of the distribution center. The General Manager is responsible for the overall financial, operational, and productivity performance of the facility to guarantee every product sold is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are pleased with their selection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage distribution center operations ensuring and maintaining direct, productive and positive relationships between management and staff.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost of operations and improve service level, capacity, productivity and quality.
- Deliver a profitable operation through managing the operations, staffing, and expenses of the facility.
- Participate in annual budget preparation and manage P&L responsibilities.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and retaining OWMC staff to include the highest quality individuals to support continuous improvement.
- Understand, educate, and train teams on productivity/budgetary goals.
- Possess a complete understanding of the full job responsibilities of every position within the Distribution Center.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve quality, service, cost & safety.
- Ensure all safety, regulatory, and compliance measures are met.
- Oversee, implement, and maintain compliance with company and OSHA guidelines to create and maintain a safe working environment for all associates.
- Develop, implement and monitor KPI targets and goals.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates to improve and build customer relationships.
- Directs staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- All other duties assigned.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
This position directly supervises all managers of the organization and is responsible for the performance of all employees.
This job operates mainly in an office environment and in a cold climate environment. This can occasionally use warehouse equipment such as dollies, pallet-jacks, forklifts, dock levelers and bobtail trucks for training purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 85 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. This position can regularly require long hours and occasionally on weekend. Required to travel on occasion.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years management experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.